Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Notorious Bettie Page

There for a while, our receiver was broken, so I wasn't watching any movies...too much of a pain to pull the TV out everytime I wanted to watch a movie. Well, we got the receiver fixed and everything, so I've started trying to catch up on everything I have in my Netflix queue. One of them was The Notorious Bettie Page. It left me with a really bad taste in my mouth. I know that she ended up being a born-again Christian, but I was really disappointed with the movie and the way they did it. I know things were different back then, that what Bettie was doing was considered extremely distasteful and wrong and all that. It just didn't do justice to what Bettie did for being a "pioneer", so to speak. I was left with the feeling that it was wrong and that you need to find God. Now, I believe in God, but I'm a much more liberal believer. =) I just, words can't describe how disappointed I was by the movie. I was expected so much more.

0 comments: