Friday, June 20, 2008

Gotta love...

Those crazy Indiana storms. We had one this past Sunday evening. It got CRAZY outside. I know people who've lived all over the country, the world even, and the one thing they all say is that there is nothing like an Indiana storm. Myles and I were having a relaxing evening watching The Bucket List (GREAT movie by the way), and when we got halfway through, the electricity went out. When we looked outside, the trees were literally bending in half, the wind was so strong. Yeah, it was pretty scary. Needless to say, we hurried up and got "real" clothes on and called my mom and dad to get online for us and see if we had any tornado warnings. Just thunderstorm warnings, so we stood on the front porch and waited for it to pass.

Afterward, we walked around our yard. Not so good. A BIG tree down in the backyard that we still have to cut up and move to the firewood pile (We've been super busy this week and haven't had a chance to do it yet) and TONS of branches and sticks all over the place. Not to mention, 70 mile an hour straight line winds tend to blow all of the leaves off the trees. I got out in the yard the other day and managed to get most of the branches, but there are still a lot more. I swear, every time I turned around from throwing a bunch of them down the ravine, there were twice as many back in the yard.

One of our rental properties, which is actually our first house that we lived in together, is right down the road from us, so it got some damage, too. Rental properties have to take precedence over our house, so we've already gotten that one done. Fascia was torn off, some soffet had come loose, so I had to help Myles fix it. NOT FUN FOR TERA. Have I mentioned that I am extrememly afraid of heights? Myles made me get up the twenty foot ladder (only halfway), to hold the fascia at the peak of the roof in front of the garage. Not fun. I had to really work to keep myself from having a panic attack. *shudders*

But, all is well now, just a tree to cut up. And I'm sure it won't be the last of the storms. =P After all, this is Indiana.

0 comments: