Monday, March 17, 2008

Sometimes I just don't get God

Today everyone in my work was called into an "emergency meeting". With the way things are at Purdue with a new president, ya never know what they're going to tell us. But, sadly, this had nothing to do with work.

One of our contract managers had something terrible happen in his family today. His son, AJ, who is 7 and in the second grade had an undetected, undiagnosed brain tumor rupture this morning. He was air-lifted to Riley Children's Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. :( Chris and his wife has just left for Las Vegas for a business trip, so they weren't even round when it happened. Right now, they are probably still in the air, frantic to get home to their son. Chris emailed us this afternoon after our boss announced it to us and said the prognosis was grim. Needless to say, the attitude around the office this afternoon was very somber.

I just don't understand this type of thing. I believe in God, though I'll admit, I haven't been the most "faithful" in the past five years or so, but my belief has never waivered. But I just don't understand how such a "loving" God can let things like this happen to innocent children. And to a family that is very involved in their church. The boys attend the Christian school here, and the entire family are strong believers. I'm just really lost on this.

I know that anyone reading this doesn't know the family or AJ, but keep him and the family in your prayers. He's such a neat little kid.

0 comments: