Sunday, March 30, 2008

Saying goodbye is never easy

My brother just called me. He snuck in a few minutes of phone time before he went into a briefing. He was supposed to ship out this morning to Iraq, but he ships out tomorrow night at eleven o'clock. The military usually ships troops out at night. So, yeah, he called to tell me that my mom has his address of where to send stuff and that he loves me. He put in for leave for October 5-20 so that he can be home for the wedding, and told them why he was requesting those days and that he's in the wedding, so hopefully he gets it. But then again, like he said "The Army doesn't give a shit that my sister's getting married." *sigh* He said once he gets over there, he'll really be pushing for it, and it's looking good right now, but anything can change at a moment's notice with the Army. Well, with all military, really. It was hard to see him go last time, and it's hard to see him go this time. I'm sure it's never easy for anyone, no matter how many times someone goes away, especially when they're going away to war. I've just got to pray that God will bring him back home safely and in one peice.

0 comments: