Thursday, March 27, 2008

Arousing Suspicions by Marianne Stilling

Just finished reading this one over my lunch hour today. Loved it! I don't think I really have anything negative to say about it, other than the fact that I wish the ending would have been more of a surprise. I think I've read so many similar stories that I had already guessed it, just not all the details of it. It was still really good though.

I loved the chemistry betwen Tabby and Nate, too. They worked well together. And now that I think about characters, I think there were some secondary characters that could have been left out, like Jani, Tabby's best friend. She's only in the book for one scene, and the conversation she and Tabby had could have taken place between Tabby and someone else. I guess I'm one of those that sees no point in bringing characters into a book if they're only going to be in it for one scene. I know there are times when that is okay, but in most cases, it's not needed. It's just another name for the reader to try and remember and sort out who that person is.

But, like I said before, I don't really have anything bad to say about this book. I will now pass it on to Jennifer, who it rightfully belongs to. When I gave her the donated books, she ended up leaving half of them with me to read, since she said she'd never be able to finish them that quickly. Plus, they've been in a hotel for a while, and that means not much room. So, I'm getting to read some of them. :)

But, I digress.

Good book, recommended read!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wasn't it great? I've become a big fan of Marianne Stillings in the last year. I've been working my way through her backlist - those are also really good. Haven't read her newest one yet, though.