Monday, January 28, 2008

Publishers, Crude Oil and more

1. Anyone happen to watch the show Crude that was on last night? I think it was on Discovery. It basically talked about oil, where it comes from, how much of it we use, and how we've probably reached our "peak", which means that we've gone through half of it. We've gone through that much of it it 100 years, when the stuff took hundreds of thousands of years to "form". Wow. But that wasn't even what got me the most...what got me the most was the Saudi Arabian on there talking about the high prices of oil. What!?! HTF can he sit there and complain about the prices of oil when people in Saudi Arabia are rolling in it because of the high prices. I'm sure you've all seen teh news reports and emails with pictures of silver-plated Audis, 100+ room mansions, the crazy hotels and islands they are building in Dubai, and how Dubai is the richest city in the world right now. Meanwhile, half of us back in the US are having to scrape together money to fill our cars up with gas because of the astronomical prices and we're having to cut back on everything. But HE'S complaining about the price of a barrel of oil? I can't wait until those fuckers run out and have to come to us to get their oil. (Is it obvious that I feel strongly about this? =P)

2. I'm am the fattest I've ever been in my life. Yeah, I'll say it. 5'4" and 158 lbs. NO GOOD. I used to weight 118...granted, that was about seven years ago, but still, dammit. I gained about 12 lbs in Hawaii. Now I have to lose that, PLUS more. So, when I get home today, I'm posting one of my fat pictures on here from Hawaii, and in a few months, I'll post an update pic. =) I've GOT to lose it or I won't be able to fit into my wedding dress.

3. I love my Myles. He truly is awesome. Yesterday, I was complaining about how I wanted a Dirt Devil hand vac for cleaning the stairs since I hate using what I have on it. So he decides to go to the grocery store with me (I knew something was up because he HATES grocery shopping) and when I came back from another aisle, he had stuck the Dirt Devil I wanted in the shopping cart. And yes, don't say it, I'm happy I got a sweeper.

4. Publishers, what is up with some of them? I'm not naming any names, but have some class and use your brain. Geez. You've got to pay people and you can't just do whatever you want to with an author's work. Gimme a break. Sometimes the stupity of people just baffles me. This one is like stupidity times 100.

5. I hate my "real" job. Everything has changes since I came back from Hawaii. The atmosphere used to be pretty relaxed, but now, it's tense. The boss now has "an agenda". Yes indeedy. It was overheard that she wants to build her own team, so she's working to weed people out, which means cracking down on all of us. I know I'm not on her list, since she knows I'm quitting in a year anyways, but it still sucks to feel like you're being watched all the time. It's like Big Brother or some shit. I'm not diggin' it at all.

6. I finally get my cell phone today! Well, at least it's supposed to be in the mail today. Instead of going to a store and getting you one, they have to mail you a replacement. Not having one has been KILLING me. Especially since we don't have a house phone anymore, just our cells. I can't wait to just be able to pick up my phone when I'm in my car on the way home from work and call my mom. As it stands right now, I feel so...disconnected.

7. I'm doing well on the whole "getting organized" thing. I finally took all the Christmas stuff down and I spent some time yesterday putting stuff in its proper place to reduce clutter. We...well, I...have a tendency to put all our random cold/cough medicine and everything else like that on top of the microwave so I don't have to go upstairs to the bathroom pantry, where it should be. So, I took it all up there yesterday. I gotta say, it drastically changed the look of that space in the kitchen. Tonight I'm going to hit my junk drawers in my endtable next to my seat on the couch. I'm guessing that's going to be a bit more of a task. :)

0 comments: