Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hawaii!











Okay, so I haven't had the internet for a few days now and it has been killing me. The Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach is nice, but it's a bit outdated. You have to pay for internet access and it ain't cheap, so I only bought like an hour, which wasn't enough to do much. We left Oahu this morning and flew to Kauai and I'm sitting on the bed in our hotel room with the patio door open, listening to the ocean (oceanfront room), and drinking a glass of free champagne. Someone told the conceirge that Myles and I are on our honeymoon (mind you, we're not getting married until October) and they gave us a free bottle. =) Works for me. We spent a lot of time sitting at the Mai Tai Bar in the Royal Hawaiian, right on the beach, drinking. Tonight, I think we'll go to whatever bar this hotel has on the beach and drink. =) While on Oahu we got to go see Pearl Harbor, which was very humbling, and I got to see one of my REALLY good friends, Stephanie, who lives in Kaneohe, where her husband is stationed in the Marines. It was sooooooooooo wonderful to see her. And, here are some pics above. =) And by the way, the pink sarong I turned into a shirt is as close as I'm coming to a damn muumuu for those of you who kept saying for me to get one.

0 comments: