Sunday, July 27, 2008

Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson

I read this book years ago...it was one I took from my mom's shelf...and when she recently gave me all of her books since she was "cleaning house", I remember this one and just had to reread it. Most hero and heroines are perfect specimans of human beings that each one of us who about them would love to be them or look like them, or something. But in this book, the heroine, Bethany, isn't so perfect. Due to a barrel-racing accident she's left in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

Bethany was warm, witty, and really believable. The author did a perfect job at bringing us into Bethany's world and enabling the reader to completely understand how she feels and where she is coming from. And Ryan? Oh, man. Why hasn't God created more men like him. For serious. He is EVERYTHING a girl could dream of. Gorgeous, extremely thoughtful, rich, a cowboy...the whole nine yards.

It was really different to read a story with this element, but the author really did a great job with this one. I don't normally believe in the "love right from the beginning" stories, but this one had me. It REALLY had me. =) Put this one on your to-be-read list.

0 comments: