Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson

I've been reading this one for the past few months, literally, and finally got around to finishing it. I'm caught up on my editing, and even ahead of the game so I've had some time to actual read for pleasure. Not that I don't enjoy the stories I edit, but it's different. =)

I've heard of Lisa Jackson, but I must admit, I'm so out of the loop lately that I'd never read one of her books. Glad I did. I really liked it and was actually emotionally involved, which is something that's hard to do with me. I liked Cissy and I could relate to all of her actions, she's the opposite of her name, which is nice in a heroine. I also had very strong feelings toward the hero, but if I try to explain them at all, it will spoil part of the book, which is just no good. Lots of action and it kept me engaged all the way through out. I must say, the last fifth of the book was phenomenal and completely surprised me. I LOVE a book where the ending does that to me. That's really rare to find for me, too.

This one definitely gets an A from me. =) Pick a copy of it up here.

0 comments: