Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've been busy...

And will continue to be busy. And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with wedding stuff. At all. The lease on one of our rental properties is up in two weeks and we're starting to get stuff ready for the next tenants to come in. One of the things we had to do was get new carpet for the place, since we knew that the guys in there had trashed the new carpet we put in there two years ago to get it ready for them. Well, when Myles went over there yesterday to meet the guy that was going out there to measure the areas, he walked into one heck of a surprise. I called him at the tail end to tell him about a dentist appointment I had, and he didn't even want to speak at all, he was so mad and frustrated. He said that the place was "destroyed". Yup, no good when Myles uses a word that strong to describe something.

So I met him after work with a notepad and pen and we went through the house, making a list of what needs to be done. Keep in mind, the tenants are still living there. Yes, we know this for sure. But how they can be living there is beyond me. So, Saturday when we go over there to start working, the only work I'll be doing is standing over the tenants shoulders (three guys in their early twenties) and making sure they are cleaning everything spotless. Dictator Tera will be in the house. =) After you look at these pictures, go ahead and say a prayer for me, too.

5 comments:

Angela James said...

That's gross. What would their mothers think?

Tera Kleinfelter said...

I know what my mother would think. And it wouldn't be good. Myles is telling our friends that before they come over to help us, they need to get a tetanus shot first. =P I went home last night took a shower after just walking through it.

Kim said...

Oh, Good Lord - I'm not the neatest person in the world, and that's skeeving me out... it MUST be bad.

Hmm... why do I think someone's not getting their security back?

Might want to invest in biohazard suits as well...

Anonymous said...

Grrrr!
What a pain!
I hope you got a sizable security deposit.
The place we just moved into (until our house is ready) was 'inhabited' by a guy in his twenties and his two big dogs that he never let outside - um yeah, I used an industrial-sized bottle of floor cleaner, a steel brush and multiple pairs of rubber gloves. The door frames have been gnawed away in places...I just try not to look and keep repeating my manta "it's only for 2 months, it's only for 2 months"
Anyway, I hope your new tenants are a nice elderly couple who will knit you tea cosies and bake you cookies - instead of leaving you a frat-house pile of crap to clean - yuck!
You have my sympathies hun

Anonymous said...

That's my "mantra" - not my manta LOL
Yeah, It's early - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D