Monday, May 5, 2008

What I thought was going to be a nice evening...




Turned out to be a total piece of crap. :( I got home and got caught up on all my emails, went through FLEs, sent out some rounds of edits...so I was feeling really good and about to make dinner. When IT happened.




My cat Piper, who's always attached to Myles and I when we get home, wasn't around. I realized it had been a little over an hour since I got home, and I still hadn't seen him. So My and I looked around the house like three times. No Piper. We even checked places he couldn't possibly be, and he was no where to be found. So then we went outside looking for him (He is NOT an outdoor cat) thinking that maybe he managed to get out. Still no Piper. We drove around the neighborhood. We walked around the neighborhood. We talked to every person we saw outside and on the street. No one else had seen him either. :(




So then we went to print off some pics of him and buy some signs. We made them up and now Myles is out putting them in the neighborhood. I am so bummed right now. Myles got him for me for our six-month anniversary. We've had him for almost four years now. We picked him out together when he was a kitten. :( I've been off and on crying all night, and well, I don't really cry. So this is a BIG deal. I just hope he turns up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

I hope you find Piper soon!

Anonymous said...

Give him a while...
We raised 2 cats (they were a few days old when I found them thrown in a trash bin) and neither of them have any 'cat' skills to speak of.
They've been known to go off for a day or so on their own - but even as kitties with no skills they always find their way home.
Holding thumbs that he'll be scratching at the door before dark

Kim said...

Our cat used to run like hell every time the door opened. But she'd always come back (she was an indoor cat) - the longest she was gone was three days and to this day, we don't know where she spent those three days - but it was a long time after before she tried her next escape.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Piper comes meowing at the door real soon...