Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seven Things I Hate (right now)

1. The price of gas. Duh. It's disgusting to me how we are suffering and having to choose between food to eat and gas to put in are cars, two essential things, while Haliburton and all the other oil companies are seeing their biggest profits of all times. How in the hell does that work? And why is NO ONE doing anything about it?

2. Illegal immigrants. They come and suck off our system, don't speak our language...Grrr. I mean, I have NO problem with people coming here. Not at all, but dammit, if you're going to do it, do it legally. And learn the language we speak here. I wouldn't move to China and expect everyone there to learn to speak English to accomodate me.

3. The gravel lot at work I have to walk through to get to the building after I park. It really sucks to walk through gravel in heels, sometimes stilettos. Sure, I could park in the pavement one, if I wanted to pay an extra $150 a year for the privelege of doing so. Actually, I work here, why should I have to PAY from my check to park in the first place?

4. My job. I have to do way too much for way too little. They just keep piling the work on and expecting me to hop right to it. If I was getting paid to do a $50K a year job, I'd do $50K work. If you don't even pay me HALF of that, then don't expect that I'll be all eager for more work. And my raise in July will probably be a whopping 15 cents an hour. Please. You may as well spit on me. That doesn't even cover the cost of the gas I use to get to this shithole.

5. The fact that my brother is risking his life in Iraq and I really don't even know why. Does anyone else know why we're there or have a valid reason for it? Cuz I sure don't.

6. The fact that we got all of our TV shows back (Finally) but only for three or four measly episodes. What's up with that? Then we'll get back the wonderful world of crappy reality TV.

7. And last, but not least, David A. from American Idol. Dude, I mean come on. Do people seriously like him? Someone should just give him a puppy and send him on his way. For real.

1 comments:

Nadia said...

I totally sympathize on #1, 2 and 5. Especially 5. It really makes me sad to see our brave men and women sacrifice so much for nothing. Because like you, I don't know why we're in Iraq anymore. I just wish our troops can come home. I feel like they've done enough.