Saturday, May 17, 2008

It NEVER fails

Everytime you make a stupid decision, a whole bunch of things come up and bite you in the ass. Yeah, and it's happening today.

This morning, Myles and I went grocery shopping. We left shortly after we woke up at 8:30 because the kitties were out of food and were NOT about to let us forget about it. Plus, it's not like they can forage for themselves in the house and find some. But, I digress...as I always do.

As we were walking from one side of the other (Why can't they just keep the cat food and shampoo on the same side as the food?), we happened across the TVs. Anyone who knows Myles knows that once he gets an idea in his head, IT'S THERE. Until it comes to fruition, it's there. He decided to wander through the TVs and compare plasma versus LCD to see if there was a real difference in the picture quality. (For those of you reading this who know Myles, you know how is he and this makes sense to you) And what did we find but a 50' plasma TV on sale for...well, it was $400 off. That's all you need to know. =)

What happened? You guessed it--we bought it. So yeah, I love it, I love TV...I'm obsessed with TV. It's ALWAYS on in our house. I can't really work without it on, so even when I'm editing, I have the TV on, just on a lower volume. But, I digress again.

We got home and got it together and Myles wanted to watch the movie Signs. This was actually really sweet, because that was the first movie we ever watched together. After we watched it, I figured I'd better clean. First, I cleaned the master bath, which we both hate at the moment. The seafoam green on the walls has to go. And the linoleum tile in it is shot. The previous owners had somehow let water get on the floor over and over, so the tile is really crappy around the toilet and between the toilet and the shower. We haven't done anything with it because we want to do it in travertine, which isn't cheap. As I was cleaning, I thought "Shit, for what we just spent on that TV, we could have redone the flooring in here."

Then I checked the mail. Myles had to have a procedure done last month...after insurance, we have to pay more than a few hundred dollars. Ugh.

Plus, then I started thinking, for the money we spent today, we could have flown out to Washington for Dawn's big birthday bash this weekend. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Now I'm wondering what's gonna happen now.

0 comments: