Saturday, May 10, 2008

The good thing about guys hitting on you...

Is that even when they see a ring on your finger, they're still stupid enough to buy you a drink. Myles encourages it...it's less money I spend when I go out. He was off at a Cubs game yesterday and bumming around Chicago (my absolute favorite city) and I headed to my best friend's house after work. She was having a Pampered Chef party and afterward a few us went out to our favorite bar. It was a decent time, but by the time we get there at 10:30, I was losing momentum. I'm odd like that. If I get to the bar by 8:30 or so, I can close it down. But if I get there late, it's no good.

But for the first time ever, I bought a GUY a shot last night. A guy I've never met before and wouldn't know from Adam. And no, I wasn't trying to hit on him. He was there with his wife. lol Jason, my best friend Misty's cousin, is the DJ at Cox's, and when this other guy went up there to sing a song, Jason announced that the guy had just gotten back from Iraq on Thursday. So, my friend Tara and I each bought him a shot since my bro is in Iraq and her husband is. I think he was surprised that a couple of girls bought him shots, but he understood once we told him that we have loved ones there right now.

Tomorrow we're heading up to South Bend to see my mom for Mother's Day and go out for a family dinner. =) I'm looking forward to it. But I'm REALLY looking forward the last weekend in May when I take Friday through Sunday off from EVERYTHING. NO computer, NO Purdue job, NO housecleaning, NO cooking. Going to South Bend and chillaxin' with the parents and brother while Myles and his buddy head out to My's mom's in New Hampshire.

0 comments: