Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sometimes things just stink

Right now, it's money. Money is the bain of my existence at the moment. Sunday I sat down and went over the guest list with a fine tooth comb in regards to people we know won't be there, people who may be there and people we know will definitely be there.

I was not so happy afterwards.

Of the people we know WILL be there, there are 93 adults and 21 children. And that's not including those on that guest list who MAY bring their kids that we KNOW will be at the wedding. That number is not includng the "maybes" and it's not including the list of people from my dad's work that my dad wants to invite (And yes, I'm cool with that. It's not just random people from his work that I don't know. I worked there for years and my dad has worked there since I was born, so I know these people really well, too). It;s also not including the extras we know we'll end up inviting, such as friends of friends who hang out with us but aren't really our friends. Sometimes it's just easier to let them come than to just say no. :P

The problem = the room we reserved only holds 100 people. Yeah. Shit.

So I had to call my guy yesterday at the Holiday Inn Select and we worked something out so that Myles and I will now have out reception in the Grand Ballroom instead. The problem in that more people equals more money. So now, instead of a four-thousand dollar reception (Food, drink, champagne serving, etc.) we now will spend five or six thousand...if we're lucky. Now, I don't know about you, but I can't shit out that much money. I wish I could, but I still haven't figured out the combination of greens to eat. TMI, I know, but well, that's how I feel right now. And we won't even get started on how much the photographer is that Myles chose. The package I'd love to have is five grand. *sigh*

And you know the kicker? I'm the one who gets to put up with his shitty attitude when I'm not even the one who wanted to do it up this big. I wanted to keep it simple with just immediate family and our very closest friends and VERY LITTLE MONEY. Oh, but, someone in his family put it perfectly when they said "That's how things are done in my family." Not fucking in mine! We do things simple. Simple is good. Simple is fine. Simple is less money!!!!!!!! Needless to say, if Myles starts in about the whole money and wedding thing again, he can take the shit and plan it himself. Let's see how much better he can do, cuz I'm doing all I can and it's still too damn expensive.

1 comments:

DawnB said...

I feel for you, I really do. I've so been where you are right now. Aren't people full of ideas when they're not the ones who pay for them? You can't please everyone so you might as well please yourselves.