Saturday, February 2, 2008

Not so good Friday


Last night wasn't so good for me. I had a friend over and we were having a couple of drinks and gabbing when my phone rang at 10PM. Once I looked at my Caller ID and saw that it was my mom, I immediately knew that something was wrong...she doesn't call that late unless it's NYE. So I pick up the phone and her first words out are, "Tera, I don't want you to freak out." Yeah, that's never good. My first thought was plane crash, since I knew my dad was traveling home to South Bend from Dallas yesterday. He had a layover in Cincinnatti and shortly after he got on the play, he passed out. So therefore they had an ambulance waiting on the tarmac when his plane landed to rush him to the hospital. So, needless to say, I was freaking out. But, he's okay. They have no clue what happened to him, but he's okay. I got the full story from him today. Turns out, on the plane, they thought he was having a heart attack. He said he started feeling clammy and sweaty and queasy and was trying to make his way to the bathroom. He ended up passing out in the aisleway and vomiting twice while he was passed out. I didn't know this, but vomiting and stuff the way he was are classic symptoms of a heart attack. So air traffic control gave his plane a priority and a normally 45 minute flight took 20 minutes. But, I talked to him today and he's okay. They tested him for everything under the sun and they have NO CLUE what happened to him, but he's okay now. He said he's got some bruises and stuff from falling and he feels tired, but other than that, he's okay. Regardless, a 45 year old man shouldn't have that happen to him. That's the one thing all the doctor's agreed on. And yes, my father is only 45...they were YOUNG when they had me. =) Hopefully this was the first last and only time something like this happens because I don't need another scare like this one. My daddy has to walk me down the aisle in October, dammit!

0 comments: