Sunday, April 20, 2008

I just saw a commercial...

For the Subaru plant in Indiana. More specifically, it's here in Lafayette, a few miles down the road from my house. Matter of fact, at my old house, I could see it from my back yard. On the commercial, it talks about the clean air and blue herons. Um, anyone ever spent any amount of time here? No, not clean air. Sometimes it smells REALLY gross out. From Staley's/Tate & Lyle, where they make corn syrup. You cannot imagine how bad that smells. And blue herons...huh? I've lived in Indiana my entire life, and NEVER ONCE have I seen a blue heron here. I mean, seriously. They might be here, but I can guarantee you that if you go out the Subaru plant, you won't see a blue heron. So for those of you who believe everything you see on TV, don't. TV lies. =P

0 comments: