Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquakes, wedding reception prices, and editing, oh my

Yeah, that's my version of the Wizard of Oz song today. =) Earthquakes, yup, had one, or maybe two, today. Not sure if the second one was an aftershock or if it was a second earthquake. We didn't feel the first one since it was a 5:30 this morning, and for those of you who really know me, I DON'T do 5:30 in the morning. =P Just doesn't happen...unless I'm still awake from the night before. LOL Which doesn't happen often anymore. But, the second one happened at about 11:00 when I was sitting at my desk at work. I could actually feel this one. It was enough to make everything shake, but nothing fell over. So yeah, that was pretty interesting today.

And wedding reception prices...holy shite! We got our quote...eight grand! No way. Not happening. First, the guy told us if we spend 4K in food and drink, we'd get the room for free. Well, we've have 4.7K in food and drink, and he's got 1600 for the room on there. So, yeah, that's not flying with me. Plus, he has down that we need, get this, EIGHT security guards at $35 an hour a pop, for a five-hour reception. They're kidding, right? Who do I look like? Madonna? Again, not happening. It's reception with 150 people max, no way eight security guards are needed.

And editing, right now I'm working my butt off to get a bunch of stuff done since I'm heading to the Bend in the morning and won't be home until Sunday afternoon. I'll be doing wedding dress and mother of the bride dress stuff with my mom and spending time with Mom, Dad, and little bro. It'll be fun. I'm looking forward to a whole day and a half of doing absolutely nothing work related...for any of my jobs. =)

Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

1 comments:

beth kery said...

Oh, man, I didn't know you lived in the midwest.
The quake woke me up immediately. Because of all the paranormals I read, I thought--poltergeist shaking my bed?
I felt aftershocks at around 10:30 and also at around 3:30 today.
Weird for the midwest, eh?
Congrats on your engagement! You will survive it all. It's like an initiation process. *grin*
Best to you...