Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Okay, well, maybe not saddle. Maybe more like Humvee. LOL. My bro is officially in Iraq now. I even got my damn flag back out and put it out on the porch yesterday. I'll post a picture of it later, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. Basically, and I don't know if it was created specifically for the War on Terror, but it's to signify that you have a family member overseas and at war. It's a good thing Myles and I didn't make that shadow box for it yet, I guess. Cuz it's something I want to keep for always, and we were going to put it in a shadow box along with some pics of Doug in uniform and some pics of his medals and such.

Nothing else is going on here. I'm getting antsy for it to get warm out. It feels like it never friggin' will. I'm sick of having to wear a jacket and long sleeves. It's amazing how much it changes... In the fall I'm all sorts of ready to get my sweaters out, and now I just want to put them the hell away. LOL

I'm almost all caught up on edits and submissions, though there is more to do right around the corner. There always is. As soon as I get caught up, my workload explodes again...just like it does at my day job.

And on news about my NY Resolutions, I'm back to eating better. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, so I'm not sure if I've lost anything, but I've really been eating pretty good and not binging or starving myself. I have to really watch that, since I've struggled with eating disorders my whole life. And nope, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't find anything embarrassing about it and I don't think badly of myself because of it. It's part of me and it's something I've worked long and hard to try and control without being on medication, though it's really difficult at times. Plus, there are so many other people out there who suffer from eating disorders, that maybe me talking about it might click with them and make it easier on them, which is by far the most important thing about it to me. Maybe me sharing can help someone else overcome their demons. That would be a realyl good thing. :)

0 comments: