Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yes, I'm up

I've been trying to force myself to wake up earlier on the weekends. When I sleep until noon I feel like I've wasted so much of the day. Especially with everything I have to do, the last thing I need to be doing is wasting time sleeping. And now the weekends are so much more important for getting stuff done since the evenings are trash for doing anything much. When it gets dark out at five, you really don't have the energy to do anything. It's a struggle to stay up past nine right now, since my body is still adjusting to it getting dark so early. Hopefully it adjusts soon. Sigh.

Today I plan on finishing edits on Rockstar and sending that off and then I'll be getting some stuff around the house done. Oh, and grocery shopping. The cats have no wet food left and they are making it known that they are NOT very happy about that whatsoever. I swear, when we give them dry food, they sniff at it and then turn their noses away. They only eat it when they realize they're not going to be getting anything else. =P Yes, they're very spoiled. But hey, when you don't have any kids yet, your pets are your kids.

Another thing I'll be doing today is looking through my recipes for casseroles. I can make a 9 x 11 pan of something and Myles and I can eat it four 3 or four days. Make a second one and switch them off and we eat for a whole week. With the prices at the grocery store, this has become even more important. It sucks when you pay $70 bucks for only a few things.

Anyone have any good casserole recipes your family enjoys? And keep in mind, Myles won't eat vegetables...or they have to be big enough for him to pick them all out. =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

An old favorite casserole that's also easy as heck to make:

Macaroni noodles, cook and drain
One can tomato soup, add one can milk, cook and add 3 cheese slices
Por soup on noodles (in casserole dish)
Add one can tuna
One can pineapple tidbits
Mix well and back in 350 oven about a half hour
Mix and serve
Surprisingly delish.