Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Wedding!

Me on my way to the church after hair and makeup.
My dad and I right before the ceremony.


My flower girl on the left. Me dancing and making weird faces on the right.
My MOH and her husband, a groomsman.








Myles and Dawn, one of my BFFs and bridesmaid.
Okay, well, it's all over with. =( That's the sad part. But the good part is that Myles and I had an absolutely AWESOME wedding. And everyone else says so, too, so it's not just us. lol There were no gliches or hiccups or anything. No disasters, no problems. It was amazing. I don't have a whole bunch of the pictures in yet, but I do have some, so I'll post some of the good ones I have on here.
One Thursday, everyone started coming in, so admidst getting all of the final stuff done, I had a ton of people there. But it was all good, since I loved getting to spend time with them. Friday Mom and Misty and I all got manis and pedis, Mom's treat to her "two" daughters. =) Doug and his girlfriend came in on Friday morning and oh man was I sooooo happy to see him. Turns out, I used to hang out with his girlfriend way back in middle school. LOL That's some funny stuff right there. But she's awesome, so it's all good. The rehearsal went well on Friday as did the dinner.
And then Saturday came. The big day.
The day started at 5:30, getting up and getting showered. We made a Starbucks stop and then we were on our way to the salon so Jesse could do our hair...we had to be there at 6:30 so that he could get all of us and my makeup done by noon. We were there a long time, but it didn't feel like it. Just us girls gabbing and having fun and joking around. The girls' hair was great, all in French twists with some mini calla lillies and pearls, but each one done differently.
After Jesse finished my makeup it was time to head back to my house to get our dresses and accessories and head over to the church to get ready for the pictures we were doing before the wedding to cut down on the time spent on them after the ceremony. The dress zipped out without a hitch, which was great, and then I just sat there. And sat there some more until Ed, our photographer, was ready to do pictures with my and my maids and family.
Everyone kept asking if I was nervous, and the answer was no. I was just anxious. I was sick of sitting there and I wanted to get the show on the road, so to speak. Mom and Dad were getting a little emotional, but I remained calm. Until I was lined up to walk down the aisle with my dad. Then it hit me. I was fighting back tears when my dad lifted my veil and kissed me on the cheek, and when Myles took my arm to walk me to the minister, I was having a hard time, but he ust kept looking at me and smiling and it really helped calm me down. Hell, I don't even remember what the minister said and what we said. Myles and I were whispering to each other the whole time, and at one point Misty and I caught the giggles. Her son was the ringbearer and he was sitting on a chair behind the guys, but right in view of Misty and I and he started doing this heavy breathing/hyperventilating thing, using his whole body and stuff. Oh God it was hilarious. Luckily, one of the guys saw what was happening and moved him so we couldn't see him anymore. =P
I know I messed up a line, but I don't even remember what it was. =P And then it was done. We were married. =) Then everyone blew the bubbles at us and then Myles and I took off in Doug's Mustang, and then we came back and took pictures. And then we went to the reception site and took some more pictures. LOL
And then we finally got announced and got to start the best part of all of it...the party. =) Eating and drinking and all that good stuff. The one thing that was really hard was getting around to talk to everyone. I still feel like I missed people. After the first dance, most of the people pretty much cut out, but those that were left were our close family and friends and we all had a blast. And I mean a freaking blast. Dancing and drinking and laughing and just having fun. I walked out onto the dance floor with my champagne and Misty promptly came out, took my glass and gave me the bottle of champagne. LOL So there was Tera, walking around with a bottle of champagne. =P Eh, oh well, it was my day. =)

After the reception was over, a bunch of us headed to a bar downtown, within walkign distance. I change but kept my veil on, since there was no way I was traipsing around in that huge ass dress and letting everyone walk all over it, since one of the bustle things broke and it didn't hold it up right. The bar was a great time. At one point, Myles came up to me and told me we had to talk to some people. I was like, um okay. I followed him, and he walked to the front of the bar to the front booths, stopping at each one and saying hi and asking if they got their shot and telling them we had just gotten married. Yeah, he bought a round for the ENTIRE BAR. *shaking my head and laughing*. That's my Myles. You should have seen my brother's face when he found out what Myles did...since at the beginning of the night he told the waitress that Myles and I were on his tab. Hahahah.
After a few more drinks and being bought a couple more shots, Myles and I decided to head out, at like 1:30. Once we got back to our hotel room, Myles decided he wanted one more beer. So he calls up the best man, who has the cooler full of beer in his room and who was also still at the bar. And voila, Kevin, Dawn and or friend Fulk show up at our room with the cooler and stay there until a little after 4. lol Yeah, it was a LONG day. But it was so much fun.
Sunday was all about sleeping and only waking up for short amounts of time when we absolutely had to. LOL Here's some pictures: Okay, well, my Blogger is being a pain in the butt, so I'm leaving 'em up top. LOL

1 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Tera, you look gorgeous!