Monday, October 27, 2008

I know...

I've been horrible at this this past week. And before that too. I keep getting sidetracked every time I try to sit down and blog. Or to do anything else for that matter.

Last Wednesday was my birthday and I had a good day. =) Myles cooked dinner all by himself, and David, Misty and the kids were over. Had a great laugh over Kevin, so that was actually a great gift. =) And even with Misty being there, Myles cooked all by himself. I told Misty she wasn't allowed to step into the kitchen. She cooks for me--and everyone else--all the time.

Saturday we ended up tailgating and the Purdue homegame from the time we woke up and then went to the bars with that whole gang afterward. And I'm so proud of myself...I was in bars and I was drinking all day, and I only bummed one smoke from someone. That's amazing. Seriously, for me, that's a miracle.

The quitting smoking thing is going pretty good. The cravings and rough times are less and less now, so that's always good. I miss it, but I'm thinking about it less now. We didn't quit because we wanted to, per se, but we quit because it's just so freaking expensive. Over four bucks a pack and they're talking about imposing another tax on it. Yeah, it's just not worth it.

This week is for getting thank you notes done, cleaning the house, and getting through all of my submissions before Friday, that way I can spend Friday sitting out on the porch with my Misty and a glass of wine and handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters without having to worry about what I have to get done. Plus, I'd like to be able to get some organizing done this weekend in the kitchen and in my office without having to worry about cleaning anything. That'd be really nice. Ooh, and hang curtains. =)

What are your plans for the last week of October?

0 comments: