Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wow, I went to see a movie

Going to see a movie in the theater is something Myles and I never do. It's just too damn expensive.

But yesterday, one of my best friends, Ann, called me in the late morning and asked what I was up to. Her hubby had taken the kids camping for a family reunion that she couldn't go to due to a softball game (she has a national recruiter looking at her because she's such an awesome pitcher) and she had the weekend to herself. She knows that I never get to go see scary movies because Myles hates them, so she called and asked me to go with her. She picked me up at about 7 and thenw e headed back toher house for a bit. After she showered and her mom got into town we headed to Nine Irish Brothers which is one of my absolute fave places around here, and then we headed to the midnight showing of Mirrors.

I wasn't into it as much as I used to be into horror movies, but that's okay. =) I still got a chance to spend some time with her and we both agreed that the end of the movie got really gay. There were some parts they REALLY should have done away with and then skipped to the last scene, but oh well. I still had fine.

Other interesting stuff also happened yesterday, too. We were sitting on the couch and Myles stood up, grabbed his keys and said "I feel like doing something different today. Come on." Of course, I had no clue where we were going until we got there, so it got me a little nervous at first, because, well, with Myles you never know. We ended up at the Purdue University Airport. First he just wanted to watch the planes, because he hasn't flown in a while since we've had to spend so much money lately, and flying isn't cheap. =) You gotta rent the plane and then pay for the Avgas (aviation fuel) on top of that. So, yeah, after watching a Mooney fly in and then a Malibu (250K and 400K respectively) he decided to walk into the building. And he ended up reserving a plane to fly. =P We went home so he could get his log book and I could get my Xanax (I've NEVER been on a small craft before). And um, when we got back, it sucked for me. Since Myles wasn't current on his FAA medical, he had to have a Certified Flight Instructor go with him, and their policy is no third party passengers. Sigh. So Myles went flying and I went to go put gas and the Jeep and go to Borders...where I bought a couple of Jonathon Kellerman books. Hey, since he got to fly and I had to stay on the ground, I figured I should get something out of the deal. =P And trust me, the twenty books I spent on books was NOTHING compared to what he spent on flying yesterday. LOL

So now we just have to get him a medical and get his hours current and then he and I will be able to take off. =) The only problem to this is now he has the plane bug again. Bad. Picture a woman that's been bit by the baby bug...except it's a guy who wants to buy a plane. Yeah, that's my Myles. =)

And on a side note, I saw quite a few Samhain titles at Borders. Some Lora Leigh, Biance D'Arc...and and few more, but I didn't have my camera on me, which is a rarity, so I could take pics or anything. But they were there!!

0 comments: