Thursday, August 21, 2008

Work work play work

I've been getting a lot done recently, but we're making some time to play, as well. I'm way ahead of the mark with my authors and getting their edits done, so that's lending me some extra free time. I've also got a couple of submissions to read, but not many at all. It feels like it's been kinda of dry on that end lately. =( But I'm sure it'll pick up. It always does.

This Saturday we're heading to Indianapolis to the Mt. Comfort airport for their airshow. It should be a lot of fun. We'll have a big cooler of beer tagging along behind us and we paid a little extra to have seats right on the runway, so no General Admission. Whew. I HATE General Admission anything. So that's what on the agenda for this weekend.

Next weekend is my final dress fitting in South Bend, but I'm fitting some fun in, too. I'll be getting a tattoo with my mom, our shamrocks for mom-and-daughter wedding presents. =) And I'm sure will hit my favorite mexican restaurant and suck down some of my favorite margaritas.

The weekend after is my bridal shower. Mom and Dad are gonna stay the night and we're gonna head out to dinner and Misty and I'd favorite bar to celebrate my Mom's birthday on Sept 5 and my dad getting his MBA. Woo hoo!

The best thing we're doing to have some fun is going to see Robin Williams on October 2. He'll be here at Purdue, and since I work here, I can get tickets tomorrow, and they don't open to the general public until Saturday.

Then there's wedding stuff galore and my bachelorette party, so everything until October 17 is gonna be REALLY busy for me. But that's the way I like it and I wouldn't have it any other way. =)

As a side note, my current obsession is Melinda Lambert's song "Gunpowder and Lead". I freaking LOVE it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tera,

We have never met and you would have no idea who I was if we literally ran into each other. I have no idea why I am doing this now, but I am.

I read your blogs, they are very entertaining and real. I suppose a reflection you. I catch myself laughing out loud when I read them. Under different circumstances I think, no I know, we would get along very well and could be great friends.

You have said it yourself and I feel the need to confirm it, you are WAY too trusting. It really does pain me to tell you that. I wish I could explain, but I doubt I need to. I know events happening in your life at the moment will prevail over intuition but you are a smart lady. In time you'll learn to trust your intuition over all else. Over all people....

Enjoy the honeymoon while it lasts. Take care and keep blogging. I have said enough.