Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ah the joys of painting

Yes, I hate painting...except when it's my house. And then I don't mind it as much. It's still not one of my favorite things to do, but at least I'm benefiting from it directly. =) My BFF Misty has decided that it is her mission to irradicate the world of the color purple. Her husband's ex had painted his house in many shades of purple, and now that the house is Misty's, all purple is GONE. Well, there was a lilac-colored bathroom in my house. And I say was because Misty irradicated it yesterday. LOL Even though Myles and I have lived in this house for almost two years now, we still haven't gotten around to painting everything and getting it the way we like it. We got the worst of it taken care of right when we moved in, right before our HUGE housewarming party, but then we lost momentum. And let's just say that the people who owned this house before us had NO taste whatsoever. So, yesterday, Misty decided to paint the upstairs bathroom and I worked on my office/what will become the nursery in a couple of years. And it was, well, an interesting day to say the least.

First, Misty decided to use her five gallon bucket o' paint as a step stool. It worked great to get the top of the walls...until her fell through the top. Yeah, not so good. She had cocoa-colored black tennis shoes. =) So after we got that cleaned up, it was my turn to have an accident, and mine was way worse. *sigh*

I guess with mine I have to start with a bit of backstory. We started by painting the room blue, the shade I choose. The only problem was that once all four walls were painting, it was WAY too bright. So, to make a long story short, we decided to paint it a cream color one third of the way up and put chair rail up. So yesterday I was finishing trim work and painting one third of the way up. As I was just about done with the walls, a big mirror fell onto a bookshelf and the bookshelf fell. And I had a gallon of paint and my paint pan sitting on top of said shelf. Yeah.No good. I spent the next two hours plus some getting the paint out of the carpet. It sucked. Bad.

I guess I probably shouldn't have laughed at Misty. I'll post pics of the room when it's done and of the bathroom. I love the bathroom. Lots. =) Now I just want to go sit in there and look at it. LOL I'll be stoked when my office is done and I can work in there...since I have yet to use it as an office yet. =P

0 comments: