Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Bridal Shower...








Was absolutely phenomenal. Misty and my mom are awesome! =) The first thing I saw was the cake when Misty came over with everything early yesterday morning. Oh. My. God. And as you can see, not just one cake, but two. =) A pink elephant in a wedding dress, complete with tiara and veil, and a wedding shoe cake. =) And she even tried to make the dress look like my wedding dress and the bridesmaid dresses with the ruffles on them. She's so awesome. =) She always outdoes herself with the cakes she makes, so I was super curious as to what she was going to do for this, and she, once again, outdid herself and made a cake that was absolutely perfect for me. =) And actually, she told me she can't even take the credit for the cake design, it was her husband (one of our best friends, David) and her daughter, Grace's idea. They know me well, too. It's really great and such a blessing to have such close friends who know you that well.




As most of you probably read in my blog yesterday, right before my mom and dad and Matthew got there, I was banished to the upstairs to sit in my office while everything was being done downstairs. (Hey, I actually got quite a bit of editing done in that two hours. lol) After my parents and Matt got there, my dad and Matt and Grace were going to run out to Meijer to pick up some forgotten supplies. I actually got out of my office for a bit to have something more to do...and let me tell you, going downstairs with your eyes closed with your ten-year-old brother leading you isn't the most fun...especially in a pair of my signature three-inch heels. Hahah. I cheated and peeked, but I shielded my eyes and only looked at the steps. I didn't want to ruin the surprise that my mom and Misty were working on so hard for me. But then, I was finally able to come down and look at like 12:45, fifteen minutes before people were to start arriving. =P And that was partially because I sat on the top step, where I couldn't see anything and kept asking if they were done yet. LOL They wouldn't let me come down until they were ready with cameras, since they wanted to get my reaction. =)













This is me abolsutely loving the little high heels and purses they put on the table to hold candies. =) And the kicker of the candies in the high heels is that they were white chocolate high heels that Misty made. Perfect! They basically took all of my favorite things and that was the theme of the shower: black, white, pink, calla lillies, high heels, purses, elephants, ice cream, lip gloss and a few others things. Everything in the favor/gift bags was something that is one of my favorite things. Little wooden elephants, little ice cream cone-shaped bubbles, little lip sticks and high heels with bath gel in them, little blocks of Post-Its (I'm a Post It FREAK), blank note/Thank-you cards with elephants on them, my favorite candy bars (Rolos and Hershey Cookies N Cream bars. No Mr. Goodbars since Misty is allergic to peanuts), little candles in the shape of ice cream sundaes, glass coasters with calla lillies etched on them....it was perfect. And my favorite types of food, too. Mexican, Italian, and hick. LOL The hick part is the little mini pigs in a blanket. Hahaha. Taco dip, bruschetta made with yummy frency bread, homemade cinnamon tortilla chips with fruit salsa, and a BIG bowl of homemade sangria. Everything was perfect. I had a really great time. And afterward, my mom, dad, Myles, David, Misty and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (bloody steak, my fave!) and then to our favorite bar...well, everyone except My's. He's not so big on it, but he is wonderful enough to put up with it sometimes for me. =) And no, dinner and the bar weren't for me. It was to celebrate Mom's b-day on Sept 5 and Dad getting his MBA a few weeks ago. =)

Here's a couple of extra pics from the shower. I don't have everyone's pics yet, but I'm sure I will in the next couple of weeks and I'll post some good ones as I get them.






This one has me eating and making some sort of funny Tera face, but it has a really good view of the table stuffs. =)




By the way, the awesome picture of my cats...my dad drew that. =) He's a phenomenal artist. And I'm sitting in my throne, cheesin' at something or someone.



The three littlest ones who weren't participating, but sitting in the living room playing and watching cartoons, saw a few people come out to do the toilet paper wedding dress game and were so fascinated they wanted to do it do. All under the age of six. =)

And this one is of me and my practice bouquet....something I never even knew about until yesterday. I'm telling you, I'm pretty green regarding this whole wedding thing. =-P

1 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like a great shower! And yes - you're supposed to carry the practice bouquet at your wedding rehearsal (if memory serves - my own wedding was a looooooong time ago =))

Only a few more weeks to go!