Monday, September 1, 2008

Ah, having an office

I moved into my office today, even though it isn't 100% complete. We still have to paint some chair rail and put that up one night this week. Myles is currently putting up the chair rail in his office right now. The room I'm in has been painted and unused for two years now. Yes, we've had an entire room in our house that has been unused. It's slated to be the nursery when we have kids in a couple of years, but until then, it's my office. And I have NO CLUE what I'm going to do for an office when the first rugrat comes and I have to give my space up, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. Gar. But, for right now, it's nice to have my own space for editing and such. I have all of my reference books and notepads and highlighters and pens and such in one place, and now the living room isn't cluttered with all my crap. =) I've been needed to seperate work and relax time for a while now, and I'm happy it's finally done. I'm sure I'll work just as much, but I'll work more efficiently. LOL Plus, when I'm not in front of the TV, it enables me to place all my concentration on the submission I am reading or the story I am editing. I think it will work much better this way. And did I mention that it's nice to have a room that's JUST MINE? =) I think that's my favorite part. None of the bookshelves match, the desk isn't the greatest, I still need to hang some pictures on the bare walls and I don't have any curtains for the window yet, but dammit, it's mine. =)

1 comments:

Nadia said...

An office...I'm so jealous.

<-- does not have an office